Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1B meets at 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month in the second floor community meeting room of the Reeves Center, 2000 14thStreet NW (corner of 14th and U Street), unless otherwise posted.
ANC 1B serves the communities of Columbia Heights, LeDroit Park, Pleasant Plains, Shaw, U Street, University Heights, and lower Georgia Avenue.
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1B
2000 14th Street NW, Suite 100B
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: (202) 481-3462
To view a map of ANC1B's boundaries, please click here.
UPCOMING COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
All located at the Thurgood Marshall Center @ 1816 12th street NW (unless otherwise posted)
NEXT Design Review Committee: Monday December 15th @ 6:30pm
NEXT ABC Committee: Wednesday December 17th @ 7pm
NEXT Transportation Committee: Thursday December 18th @ 7pm
NEXT ANC1B MEETING: DECEMBER 4, 2014 (LOCATION TBD)
Monthly Public Meeting
Thursday November 6, 2014
ReevesCenter, Community Room
2000 14th St, NW, WashingtonDC
Members of the community will be given an opportunity to participate in the meeting, make announcements, and make recommendations for consideration. Agenda times are noted and will be adhered to unless extended by the Commission.
Agenda (PRELIMINARY DRAFT)
Call to Order
Approval of Agenda
- Community [10 Minutes total]
- Commissioners [1 Minute each]
Officer Reports [2 Minutes each item]
Treasurer – Financials
ABC [3 Minutes per recommendation]
- List of action items
- 12 B Licenses up for renewal
- 1351 U St. NW (1B12)
- Yes! Organic Market, 2125 14th St. NW (1B04)
- 727 Market, 2820 Georgia Ave. NW (1B09)
- Cookie’s Corner, 1970 2nd St. NW (1B01)
- Eleven Market, 1936 11th St. NW (1B02)
- Whitelaw Market, 1846 14th St. NW (1B12)
- Daily Fish of Chesapeake, 2250 Sherman Ave. NW (1B11)
- Hi Market, 2655 15th St. NW (1B07)
- Sonya’s Market, 2833 11th St. NW (1B09)
- Best DC Supermarket, 1507 U St. NW (1B12)
- Fairmont Market, 2628 11th St. NW (1B03)
- Streets Market and Café, 2400 14th St. NW (1B05)
- Designation of alternates
Transportation [1 Minute per issue]
- List of Action Items
- 1931 11th Street
- Recommend that the ANC request crosswalk and speed cameras at the following locations:
- Georgia Ave and Girard (2 crosswalks)
- 2750 14th St NW (crosswalk)
- 14th and Chapin Streets NW (crosswalk)
- 8th and Rhode Island Ave NW (crosswalk)
- Florida and Vermont Ave. NW (crosswalk)
- 11th Street, downhill between Clifton and Florida (speed camera)
- 13th Street north of W Street (speed camera)
- Rhode Island Ave. near 8th Street (speed camera)
- 14th Street, downhill between Fairmont and Florida (speed camera)
- Harrison School: daytime parking
- Circulator Proposal
Public Safety [3 Minutes]
- Personnel Update
Grants [2 Minutes per Grant]
Economic Development [2 minutes]
- Status of 8th & T development
- Public meeting on 965 Florida Ave NW
Design Review [3 Minutes per recommendation]
- List of action items for Historic Preservation Board (HPRB) and Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA)
1202 T St. NW (1B12)
- BZA Hearing Date: To be determined
- Request: “By-right” project located in the Greater U Street Historic District. No zoning variances or special exceptions requested.
- Recommendation of DRC: 4 yeas, 0 nays, 1 abstention- Recommended to ANC1B with caveat that glass masonry ration be changed to fit existing designs and study of pediment.
2724 11th Street, NW (1B09)
- BZA Hearing Date: November 18 BZA#: 18790
- Request: Relief from the minimum lot area requirements of § 401.3 to provide additional residential apartments within existing building.
- Recommendation: 4 yeas, 0 nays, 1 abstention against recommending request for variance relief.
1481 Florida Ave., NW (1B05)
- Hearing Date: Unknown
- Request: Support for application before HPRB and side yard variance to close existing non-conforming side yard (not required in R5B zone)
- Recommendation: 5 yeas, 0 nays, 1 abstention- Recommend design concept as presented with requirement that partial 4th floor be reduced to align with left stairwell.
2011 Vermont Ave., NW (1B02)
- Hearing: Unknown
- Request: Renovation with small addition on the back 12’ wide by 5’ long
- Recommendation: Unanimous recommendation for Historic Concept
New Business [2 Minutes]
Become a Committee Member!
The Commission strongly encourages interested residents of ANC 1B to apply to serve as members of committees. If interested in this role, please contact your Commissioner (to see full list of Commissioners, please click here).