Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1B meets at 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month in the second floor community meeting room of the Reeves Center, 2000 14thStreet NW (corner of 14th and U Street), unless otherwise posted.
ANC 1B serves the communities of Columbia Heights, LeDroit Park, Pleasant Plains, Shaw, U Street, University Heights, and lower Georgia Avenue.
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 1B
2000 14th Street NW, Suite 100B
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: (202) 481-3462
To view a map of ANC1B's boundaries, please click here.
UPCOMING COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
All located at the Thurgood Marshall Center @ 1816 12th street NW
Design Review Committee: Monday October 13th @ 6:30pm
ABC Committee: Wednesday October 15th @ 7pm
Transportation Committee: Thursday October 16th @ 7pm
To download October 2014 agenda: CLICK HERE
Monthly Public Meeting
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Reeves Center, Community Room
2000 14th St, NW, Washington DC
Members of the community will be given an opportunity to participate in the meeting, make announcements, and make recommendations for consideration. Agenda times are noted and will be adhered to unless extended by the Commission.
Call to Order
Approval of Agenda
- Community [10 Minutes total]
- Commissioners [1 Minute each]
Officer Reports [2 Minutes each item]
- Resolution on DC Council Legislation on ANC Transparency and Operations
- Resolution in support of renaming of the alley located between 13th and 14th Streets, N.W., and Wallach Place, N.W., and U Street, N.W., and directly abutting 1344 U Street, N.W., as "Nap Turner Way"
- Website enhancements and Communications
Treasurer – Financials
Design Review [3 Minutes per recommendation]
- List of action items for Historic Preservation Board (HPRB) and Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA)
1843 12th Street, NW (1B02) appearing before HPA 9/18/2014
Applicant request: concept approval and recommended HPRB support for (1) new rear roof deck and stairs, and (2) revision to the basement steps on the front of the house.
DRC Recommendation: Recommended (unanimous) - with caveat that letters from abutting neighbors be supplied at full ANC.
2724 11th Street, NW (1B09) appearing before BZA 10/21/2014
Applicant request: Jefferson-11th requests relief from minimum lot area requirements; applying for variance from lot area requirements to add eleven apartments to basement level of existing 24 unit apartment in R-4 District
DRC Recommendation: Recommended (vote 3 yays, 2 nays, 2 abstentions) – recommendation depends on submission of updated zoning documents, letters from neighbors, and final count on exact number of units
DRC Concerns: too few 2br units; too many units; community concerns; ANC considerations
2031 11th Street, NW (1B02) seeking date with HPRB
Applicant request: support from ANC on design of façade renovation
DRC Recommendation: Recommended (vote 6 yays, 0 nays, 1 abstention) – Recommend support for application for design without porch
1925 14th Street NW (1B12)change the truck delivery and pickup window hours from 9:30AM-3:30PM to 7:00AM-7:00PM
Commissioner 1B12: Request ANC Approval
Transportation [1 Minute per issue]
2500 block of 13th Street, NW (1B03)
- Request: motion to support Verizon’s request to post poles in rear alley of 2500 block of 13th Street
- Transportation recommends motion to support Verizon’s request
Public Safety [3 Minutes]
- Personnel Update
Grants [2 Minutes per Grant]
Economic Development [2 minutes]
Grimke Redevelopment, 1923 Vermont Ave, NW (1B02)
- Overview of Request For Proposal (RFP) process
ABC [3 Minutes per recommendation]
- List of action items
Hilltop Restaurant, 2737 Sherman Avenue, NW (1B09)
- ABC unanimously recommends that ANC negotiate the settlement agreement in regard to: (1) operating hours, (2) trash plan, (3) and requirement that tables and chairs be secured once establishment is closed.
Eleven Market, 1936 11th Street, NW (1B02)
- ABC unanimously recommends that ANC support the issuing of a license upon approval of proposed Settlement Agreement (SA).
Mova, 2204 14th St. NW, (1B04)
- Group of 5 or more protestants negotiated a SA
Darnell’s, 944 Florida Ave, NW (1B11)
- SMD commissioner negotiated a SA.
- Designation of alternates
New Business [2 Minutes]
Become a Committee Member!
The Commission strongly encourages interested residents of ANC 1B to apply to serve as members of committees. If interested in this role, please contact your Commissioner (to see full list of Commissioners, please click here).